Friday, January 6, 2012



GURU STORY
Does your Guru know you(each of HIS Devotee) personally?

I guess all of us have at some point of time thot .. Senior Teachers are so lucky .. they get so much time wid Guruji, get to meet HIM freq and HE knows them personally and wished that we had sucha opportunity ..many a times we run behind HIM ..not tht we dont get a glimpse of HIM ..but only that HE can see us :D what we dont realize is that HE is Sarvantaryami ..He knows each n everyone of HIS devotee and what they do from time to time .. it only takes some awareness for us to realize ..

I always wondered why i was so late to come on this path .. if at all i had met Guruji decades ago(as i grew up in d same neighbourhood as HIM) how nice it wud be .. cud serve better ..life wud b transformed lot earlier .. so on n so forth .. here's a Trivial Anecdote which made me realize i was not all that Invisible for my Guru after all ..

Since my childhood i was drawn towards Vedas .. Chanting .. Pooja n so on ..but was not allowed to chant Rudram Chamakam n few others .. thy used to say thts not for Girls/Women .. once i joined AOL came to know about Rudra Puja which happens @ Ashram and heard Guruji say that Women can also chant .. there r no restrictions in any scripture .. i was totally excited and learnt Rudra Chamaka .. used to chant everyday early morning after Sadhana while cooking ..but then neva gotta chance to attend Rudra Puja @ Ashram as my kids wud leave for school at the same time as Rudra Puja in the ashram .. so was longing to see Guruji perform Rudra Puja for a very long time..

Then whn i attended Advance Course i gotta chance to watch Rudra Puja and i was overjoyed seeing Guruji perform Abhishekam n Puja .. that was the first time i eva gotta chance to chant Rudram/Chamakam wid other preists/Veda Boys and it was overwhelming .. Closed my eyes n chanted full Rudram and opened my eyes for Maha Mangalaarati .. after Arathi .. Guruji stood up and greeted some ppl .. i was sitting in front of Rishiji/Swamijis row or seats and He turned towards me raised his eyebrows and called me .. i was surprised thot it must b someone from behind .. looked back and thot ok it cant be me how wud he know me ..why wud he call me ..wid small mind working fulltime walked away from VM towards Kitchen for breakfast .. juz before i cud enter Kitchen one of my friend (Yashoda) shouted my name n i looked arnd only to find her jump outta car and run towards me .. she was surprised to see me there as she didnt know i was @ Adv Course and said she was going to VVK (where i was volunteering fulltime) to give Prasad which Guruji asked her to give me and handed me a ziplock cover of Pongal .. then realized that Guruji did call me and wanted to give me prasad after divine Rudram/Chamakam Chanting ..but it was me who assumed tht He didnt know me or call me ..

So neva doubt whether ur Guru knows you or neva feel bad that u dont get enuf time wid HIM .. He knows each one of HIS devotee ..it only takes some awareness for us to recognize and progress on the path .. n for sure each one of us will be rewarded from time to time :-)

Jai GuruDEVA :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment